Help needed using pymorph

Thouis (Ray) Jones thouis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 06:15:37 EDT 2011

(Note, I'm responding to both pythonvision and scikits-image.  Sorry
to those people only subscribed to one list.)

I think more information might be helpful.

- How many images do you have that you need to analze?
- Are they movies, or completely separate frames?
- What is common in the images (background, lighting, camera pose?)

I wouldn't worry about efficient multi-template matching until you
know if multi-template matching works at all.  If template matching
can get 60% of the beads, though, I expect multiple templates should
be able to get almost all of them, possibly using a voting scheme
where you require a bead to match multiple different templates before
reporting it as a "hit".

You might look at ilastik (http://www.ilastik.org/) as another approach.

Thouis Jones