OpenCV: Upgrade to 2.1 and addition of cvFindFundamentalMat

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Fri Dec 3 03:23:03 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 2:44 AM, Chris Colbert <sccolbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> For the cvUndistort2, you could change line 2194 to call assert_same_shape()
> which lives in opencv.opencv_backend.pyx

Looks like the two arrays are Nx3 and Nx2 respectively, so I just
checked the lengths.

> Ditto for line 2541 in cvFindFundamentalMat.
> Could you elaborate on this comment:?
> +    ## The code snippet below creates the ``status`` matrix
> +    ## that may optionally be provided.  I could not get this
> +    ## to work with OpenCV 2.1.

I construct the `status` array and send it as the last parameter to
cvFindFundamentalMat.  It passes the internal shape check, but fails
*another* shape check later on.  I think this might be a bug in
OpenCV, or maybe there is something I don't understand.  If you just
uncomment the code snippet, and change the NULL to accept cvstatus,
you'll see what I mean.

Regards
Stéfan