OpenCV 2 or 1

Chris Colbert sccolbert at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 04:12:51 EST 2009

There are many minor annoyances that we ran into in some functions
that make it near impossible to support both opencv versions
regardless of whether or not we link header files.

For example, cvIntegral in 2.0 calculates the titlted_sum for any
dtype, while 1.x does not.

Stefan and I realized during the sprint that this would cause us to be
IF_THEn_ELSE'ing all over the place, making the code ugly, just to
support a 5 year old version of the library. (there are more examples
than just this one)

We thought it would be better to make OpenCV 2.0 a dependency, and
lobby ubuntu to update the OpenCV packages.

Cheers,

Chris