[sapug] heat map overlays...

Kim Hawtin kim.hawtin at adelaide.edu.au
Thu May 1 05:04:27 CEST 2008

Hi,

I went looking for heat map tools a while back, didn't really find anything
that really worked for me. Found this and will have a tinker;

http://code.google.com/p/gheat/

Google Maps gives you API for adding additional map layers. This software
implements a map tile server for a heatmap layer.

    * Python 2.5 (needs sqlite)
    * Pygame or PIL
    * Aspen 0.8 (Python webserver)

What I want to do is have a client that store sql locally, for wifi and gps
info for my essid when I travel around. Store that offline and batch process
is so that I can use it a bit like a coverage map.

cheers,

Kim
--
Operating Systems, Services and Operations
kim.hawtin at adelaide.edu.au