[sapug] Introduction

Chris Foote chris at inetd.com.au
Tue Feb 14 03:10:24 CET 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Daryl Tester wrote:

> Chris Foote wrote:
>
>>> He's harmless provided you don't get him wet or feed him after midnight.
>
>> ... or get him started on Python's "list comprehensions" versus Ruby's
>> "blocks"[1].
>
> As an aside, Guido appears to have reversed his decision of several years
> and is now going to keep lambda:
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-February/060415.html

I would be nice to have lambda's that spanned multiple lines though :-(

> (which I think is good news; now if only he'll consider Stackless ...).

What advantages does stackless Python have ?

> And according to his blog, he's taken a job at Google;

Cool - That looks like a good move from both Google and Guido's
point of view.

>> I'd like to try Ruby on Rails, so I'll get to play with Ruby then.
>
> Another entry on my near infinite to-do list. :-/

The more you know the more you don't know :-)

--
Chris Foote <chris at inetd.com.au>
Inetd Pty Ltd T/A HostExpress