[PyVault-users] fc3 yum Missing Dependency

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Sun Sep 4 18:47:21 CEST 2005

On Sunday 04 September 2005 21:48, TrabiGo wrote:
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: python-optik for package: up2date
> --> Restarting Dependency Resolution with new changes.
> --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
> ---> Package python.i386 0:2.3.4-13.1 set to be updated

This is a bug in yum 2.2.x because it's not processing the Obsoletes
correctly. For now, do this manually first:

$ yum install python24-optik

Then, things will work from now on.

I took Provides: python-optik out of python23, because I don't feel it's
appropriately assigned especially in systems that have multiple
python's installed.  I've also upgraded optik = 1.5 from their sf.net
website; so it's upgrade path will now be directed through
python24-optik.

My current thinking is to get all distributions upgraded to yum 2.4.x to
alleviate future problems in this regard.

--
-jeff