[Pythonmac-SIG] Jack Jansen - Question on Python Launcher

Guy DeStefano guydestefano at gmail.com
Sun May 30 13:30:50 EDT 2021

Sorry to bother you, but I have one question that I cannot find an answer
to, could you please help.  Am very new to Python3 and have written a small
program that is my base for my learning Python3.  All is perfect except,
 when I double click my program the .py file, it works great except that it
calls in the Python Launcher, and when I exit my program, the preferences
box for Python Launcher and the Icon of the launcher still remain on the
screen.  I have to manually close the python launcher.  Can this be done
programmatically, I exit with sys.exit(0). I am using tkinter in the
program, along with python3.9.5, on an Apple Mac computer.  This may not be
the proper place for this question, if not, I apologize and please direct
me where to go as I have been googling for days. Thanks in advance. Any
help will be greatly appreciated.
I have just noticed that python3 -V states python 3.9.5, and looking at the
python launcher box it states Version 3.10.0b1(3.10.0b1) Is this something
I am doing wrong.

guydestefano at gmail.com
Guy DeStefano