[Pythonmac-SIG] "pythonw" in a Unix build

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 14 17:07:21 EST 2021

Ned suggested I bring this conversation over here from python-dev, so here
it is.

What I'd like to see done is have the "pythonw" wrapper buildable in an
otherwise non-framework build.

I *think* there are no real technical show stoppers, but it would take some
auto-conf magic, which I am fully unqualified to take on.

Anyone interested in helping make this happen ?

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov