[Pythonmac-SIG] PyObjC and macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Oct 12 15:09:50 EDT 2016

> On Oct 12, 2016, at 11:49 AM, Andrew Jaffe <a.h.jaffe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Not me. If I understand correctly, Glyph -- who undoubtedly understand the situation better than I do -- still thinks that there's no actual bug here, since we shouldn't be using the framework build this way, but I'm not sure I understand/agree...

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure this is a good idea either; it's just that I know Donald Stufft has had a terrible time with Apple system python for several years, and he regards this as a positive change.  From my personal perspective, there's a good case to be made that a python in /System should just load from /System and one in /Library should load only from /Library, similar to the way --prefix works on "regular" UNIX.  But, this is what we've got :).

-glyph