[Pythonmac-SIG] [Pyobjc-dev] PyObjC and macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Fri Dec 16 04:07:38 EST 2016

A Python.app from python.org <http://python.org/> should be a long term plan at best, it would be better to start work on this outside of constraints of CPython (e.g. not being able to use libraries outside of the stdlib and only shipping feature updates with major releases).

> (I wish Apple shipped macOS with Python 3…)

I’ve mixed feelings about that, on the one hand having Python 3 available by default would be cool, but on the other hand you’d have to rely on Apple to keep that software up to date and Apple tends to only ship security updates between major releases. That’s not too bad for Python 2.7, but is less useful for 3.x.

> And thanks a lot Ronald for the PyObjC wheels on PyPi :D

That turned out to be a lot less work than I expected, I should have done the work a long time ago ;-)

Ronald