[Pythonmac-SIG] Phantom Dock menu entries for tkinter dialogs on Mac

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Tue Dec 13 06:50:53 EST 2016

On 12/6/16 9:43 PM, Mark Lutz wrote:
> A simple demo of the problem is attached below: every "destroy" popup
> lingers on in the launcher's Dock menu after it's closed (whether by
> the red "X" or the widget.destroy() callback), and remains in the Dock
> menu until the main window is closed (by widget.quit() or otherwise).
> This happens whether the script is run by click or command line.
I can't reproduce this using Tkinter built against Tk 8.6.6. There were
a lot of issues with menus, the event loop, and so on that have been
fixed--I don't recall seeing this exact issue but I did see similar
things with "ghost windows" hanging around in a system menu after being
destroyed. You may want to update your installation of Tk.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin/Mobile Code by Kevin