[Pythonmac-SIG] Examples of vendoring python 3 with py2app

Cosimo Lupo cosimo.lupo at daltonmaag.com
Sun Dec 11 10:22:55 EST 2016

Hello list,

Apologies if this is not the right place to ask about this.

I would like to distribute a self-contained OSX app of an application of mine written in Python 3. I've used py2app in the past to ship apps written in Python 2.7, that linked to the system Python framework.
Now I'm wondering if I could if and how I could "vendor" Python 3.5 inside my py2app-generated app.

In the py2app docs I could not find information as to how to embed the python 3.5 interpreter and stdlib alongside the generated .app bundle.

Could anyone point me in the right direction, and/or link to existing open source apps that do this?

Thank you for your help.

--
Cosimo Lupo