[Pythonmac-SIG] codesigning py2app/wxPython app failing

Brendan Simon (eTRIX) brendan.simon at etrix.com.au
Tue Aug 25 04:53:32 CEST 2015

On 24/08/2015 1:23 am, pythonmac-sig-request at python.org wrote:
> Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] codesigning py2app/wxPython app failing
> From:
> Kevin Walzer <kw at codebykevin.com>
> Date:
> 24/08/2015 1:23 am
>
> To:
> pythonmac-sig at python.org
>

> On 8/23/15 8:09 AM, Brendan Simon (eTRIX) wrote:
>> Thanks for the help :)  Unfortunately I haven't made any progress :(
>> I've tried singing some of the binaries and frameworks from a bash
>> script (and manually) but I still get errors :(
>
> I don't quite understand codesign_allocate and why you are using it
> instead of codesign, but in my experience setting a signature size,
> i.e. --signature-size 9400, sometimes fixes codesign failures.

I have no idea what codesign_allocate is or why I need it.  I'm not
using codesing_allocate directly.  if the CODESIGN_ALLOCATE env var is
not set, then codesign complains about not being able to find or use the
helper tool.

dist/<myapp>.app/Contents/Frameworks/libncursesw.5.dylib: the
codesign_allocate helper tool cannot be found or used

Is this not normal?  Maybe there is something screwy with my OS X system
or Xcode install?

Interestingly, the man page for codesign does not menthod the
--signature-size option, but codesign doesn't complain about it.

Brendan.