[Pythonmac-SIG] Pythonmac-SIG Digest, Vol 129, Issue 1

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 14:34:25 CET 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin Walzer <kw at codebykevin.com>
To: pythonmac-sig at python.org
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 22:51:23 -0500
Subject: Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] Bad installer for
wxPython2.8-osx-ansi-2.8.12.1-universal-py2.7
On 1/4/14, 10:44 PM, Tony Cappellini wrote:

>   Ned Deily <nad at acm.org <mailto:nad at acm.org>> wrote:
>

> sudo installer -pkg
>>> /Volumes/wxPython2.9-osx-2.9.4.0-cocoa-py2.7/wxPython2.9-
>>> osx-cocoa-py2.7.
>>> pkg -target /
>>>

>>If you look at the version of wxPython referenced in the stack trace,
it's 2.8, not the 2.9. one you installed. 2.8 is 32-bit >>only. Looks like
Python is confused about which version to load. You may simply want to
remove the 2.8 one altogether >>to avoid the conflict.

If you look at my original post- I was referring to a wxPython 2.8
installer, that I have downloaded and suspected bad.
When Ned Deily replied, he referenced a 2.9 installer for some reason.

I have installed wx 2.8 using Ned's instructions (above), but substituting
the path and filename to the
installer in my original post.

Now- to get back to a clean slate- if I just delete the wxPython directory
that was installed, will that remove
everything needed to cleanup, or are there other steps involved in removing
a bad wx installation?

Thanks