[Pythonmac-SIG] Image error activation problems

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Fri Feb 14 03:19:27 CET 2014

In article
<CABGYGEyW1yGL6Oief8jEh891PKnPOHkazKuH=DFaqDuG1mToZw at mail.gmail.com>,
 Mark Livingstone <livingstonemark at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a current mac ports install. Sometime about a month or so ago my two
> machines started getting these sorts of errors. Now it seems like every
> time I try to update mac ports I have to fix these. Whenever I check, there
> are many (sometimes over a dozen) of old versions of stuff which I have to
> manually fix.
>
> Short of nuke and restart, is there a way to fix this?

In general, the MacPorts Users list is probably the best place to ask
such questions:

But, a couple of suggestions.  Make sure your installation is really
up-to-date:

sudo port selfupdate
sudo port -u upgrade outdated

Also, make sure you have py27-setuptools installed and not the
now-obsolete py27-distribute.  You could also uninstall the older
versions:

sudo port uninstall py27-six @1.4.1_0
sudo port uninstall py27-six @1.3.0_0

AFAIK, that egg-info file should be being installed as part of py27-six
@1.5.2_0.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org