[Pythonmac-SIG] Installing python 2.7.9rc1 caused my frozen apps problems

Paul Wiseman poalman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 20:35:20 CET 2014

On 1 December 2014 at 17:08, John Lewis <jklewis at deathstar.org> wrote:

> Sounds like either the openssl module got corrupted or had a permission
> issue. It’s calling out a specific line number, if you wanted to track down
> the root problem you’d need to look there.

I don't think it's either of those. I think that hashlib.py must have
changed in 2.7.9 from 2.7.8 (no longer has _hashlib.openssl_md_meth_names) so
the built app (running 2.7.8) expected that attribute to be there, but
somehow py2app or my usage of it is causing it to look in the system
libraries over the frozen libraries. Installing 2.7.8 again hides the issue
because whichever hashlib it uses would have the same behaviour because
they'll be identical (both from v2.7.8)