[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app: How can I run tests using the bundled python interpreter?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Nov 2 17:48:30 CET 2013

On Fri, Nov 01, 2013, Berg, Stuart wrote:

> In order to avoid problems like this in the future, I want to run a
> test suite using the same exact interpreter that py2app includes in my
> bundle.  For that to work, I need the proper environment setup that
> is somehow automatically created when the app starts up (including
> PYTHONPATH, DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, etc.).
>
> Just using ./dist/MyBundle.app/Contents/MacOS/python to run my tests
> doesn't seem to do the trick.  What's the recommended method to run
> tests on the fully built app bundle itself?

Dunno about "recommended" but I just fiddled around until I got
PYTHONPATH etc set up correctly -- I think I may have created some fake
apps (using py2app) that dumped the env for debugging purposes.  This was
a couple of years ago in a previous job, so I don't have more details,
sorry.

"I don't long for a gender-free society, but I would dearly love one that
wasn't gender-*stupid*."  --Elise Matthesen