[Pythonmac-SIG] Can any cross platform gui framework limitations be filled with ctypes / pyobjc or other?

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Tue Jul 9 14:56:41 CEST 2013

On 7/9/13 5:46 AM, Paul Wiseman wrote:

> But would anyone know if it would be possible to implement these
> platform specific bits whilst using PySide, using ctypes / pyobjc etc?
> (window animations, mac sheets etc.)

This SO page has a few different examples of flipping windows in Cocoa:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2490069/flipping-a-window-in-cocoa

I have no idea how easy it is to call Objective-C using a C API like
ctypes. Perhaps Ronald can weigh in on that.

I'm not that familiar with PySide, but Qt (and PyQt) can convert a Mac
window to a sheet just by applying a window flag. See
http://doc.qt.digia.com/qq/qq18-macfeatures.html for particulars.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer