[Pythonmac-SIG] standalone build failing to find runtime on OSX Snow Leopard - intended target OSX Lion / Mountain Lion

hari jayaram harijay at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 23:03:34 CET 2013

Hi Ronald,
thanks for your prompt email.
I checked and the Python.framework pointed to by the Info.plist was indeed
empty.

I simply rysnc -av the Python.framework/Versions/2.7 to the appropriate
place pointed to by the Info.plist and was able to launch the app on the
machine I built it on , i.e 32 bit snow leopard

The only hastle is that the file is huge..around 100 MB..but I am hoping it
should work now that I copied over the Python.framework into the
Gridzilla.app directory

I can see that a lot of the frameoword directories like many other python
modules etc..are not needed so I should be able to get rid of them

I will report back once I test it on the Lion and Mountain Lion machines..

Thanks for your help

Hari