[Pythonmac-SIG] Accessing .so files in BGE python scripts

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal chris.barker at noaa.gov
Thu Apr 4 18:08:29 CEST 2013

Hi,

Not sure what "leap" is, but maybe this will be helpful...

> This is sample of part of the LeapPython.so (.dynlib) I need to access in Blender 2.66a Game Engine on my MacMini SnowLeopard 32 bit:

> This is the type of errors I am getting when there is a call like:
>
>     __swig_destroy__ = LeapPython.delete_FloatArray

so this is SWIG-wrapped code -- are you doing the swig-ing, or are you
just suing something provided?

> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'delete_FloatArray'
>
> After looking at this type of error, what is the correct location to put the LeapPython.so ( dynamic library ) so a Blender script can find it and access the data on it? Or perhaps my .so file is of the wrong format?

What is LeapPython.so ? is that the python extension file (i.e do you
do "import LeapPython) -- in which case, it needs to be on sys.path
somewhere -- not entirely sure where that would be with Blender, but
the same place as where you put *.py files.

However, if LeapPython.so is not an extension, but rather a library
called by the extension, then it needs to be linked in when the
extension is built. Check out the setup.py to see what's happening
there.

-HTH,
  -Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov