[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app unable to find cprocessors.so

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Thu Sep 13 15:36:15 CEST 2012

On 13 Sep, 2012, at 15:17, Paul Wiseman <poalman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13 September 2012 13:26, Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:
>
> On 13 Sep, 2012, at 14:17, Paul Wiseman <poalman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 13 September 2012 12:13, Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> I checked out the latest trunk (http://svn.pythonmac.org/py2app/py2app/trunk/), installed that and the problem has gone :)
>>>
>>> Not sure which version I had before, but I only built this mac a week ago or so, so think it's maybe the current version available for download
>>>

>>> Hm maybe I spoke too soon, it builds ok now but when I run the app I get a error dialog with Open console and Terminate options, and this stack trace in the console
>>>
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/Applications/ZipCloud.app/Contents/Resources/__boot__.py", line 103, in <module>
>>>     _argv_emulation()
>>>   File "/Applications/ZipCloud.app/Contents/Resources/__boot__.py", line 101, in _argv_emulation
>>>     _get_argvemulator().mainloop()
>>>   File "/Applications/ZipCloud.app/Contents/Resources/__boot__.py", line 40, in mainloop
>>>     stoptime = Evt.TickCount() + timeout
>>> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'TickCount'
>>>
>> That's odd, that code is not present in the trunk. Have you removed the dist and build directories before testing the latest py2app?
>>
>> Ronald
>>
>> Yea definitely, I removed them at the start of the build script. I removed them myself and ran it again with the same outcome. How can I check which version I'm running? I guess installing the current trunk hasn't worked exactly
>>

> The easiest way to check the version is run "python -c 'import py2app; print(py2app.__version__)'".
>
> Ronald
>

> I've got 0.5.3 which I'm a bit confused at as I can get 0.6.4 from pypi. I just looked in the one I checked out from svn, and in the readme it says 0.5.3 - whats the address I can checkout the latest version?

I should have noticed this before, but the py2app sources aren't at svn.pythonmac.org anymore. Py2app is currently hosted at <https://bitbucket.org/ronaldoussoren/py2app>, and you'll also have to install the sibling projects altgraph, modulegraph and macholib.

I hope to have some time this weekend to push out new releases of these projects,

Ronald