[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app unable to find cprocessors.so

Paul Wiseman poalman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 20:34:00 CEST 2012

Hey,

When building an app that is using sqlalchemy I get this error:

creating python loader for extension 'sqlalchemy.cprocessors'
error:
/Users/paul/Source/Python/build/bdist.macosx-10.6-intel/python2.7-standalone/app/temp/sqlalchemy/cprocessors.py:
No such file or directory

I took a look in site packages and there is no cprocessors.py, but a
cprocessors.so - so maybe it is just looking for the wrong extension

I tried adding "sqlalchemy.cprocessors" to the includes list in py2app but
that hasn't helped.

I was wondering if I can fool it by dropping an empty cprocessors.py so it
will build, then swap it out afterwards for the so, but I'm sure there's a
better way and I'm not convinced that could even work.

Surely py2app doesn't assume every extension is .py, or if it does can it
be changed?