[Pythonmac-SIG] Matplotlib-animation problem

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Tue Sep 4 23:41:24 CEST 2012

In article <67DE0FD9-AD6F-4470-AEA2-7FEF70DC609E at mac.com>,
 "William R. Wing (Bill Wing)" <wrw at mac.com> wrote:
> I'm running Mac OS-X 10.8.1, with python 2.7.3, numpy 1.8.0, matplotlib 1.2,
> and wxPython 2.9.3.1 (although wx isn't involved here, at least I don't think
> so).  I'm running on a dual-quad processor Xeon Mac Pro.
>
> I decided to learn something about animated matplotlib graphics, so started
> to look at the examples in
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/animation/...
>
> I consistently run into a problem, illustrated below.  Starting from the
> animate_decay.py code, copied and pasted into an editor as here:
[...]>
> ...and the 'restore-region' error sequence then repeats endlessly.
>
> I'm hoping this is all caused by my not quite having the right library
> installed someplace along the line.  If anyone could point it out, I'd sure
> appreciate it.

I have no experience with matplotlib other than having played with a few
of the examples.  I have the current versions from MacPorts installed
(1.1.1 with MacPorts numpy 1.6.2 and MacPorts python 2.7.3, no wxPython,
all on 10.8.1) and, FWIW, I see the same behavior running your example
as you report.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org