[Pythonmac-SIG] Getting control over the Apple menu

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Thu Nov 1 05:17:07 CET 2012

In article <D80A7264-C2E3-40B1-BE19-D349BE88908B at mac.com>, wrw at mac.com
wrote:
> On Oct 31, 2012, at 9:11 PM, Kevin Walzer <kw at codebykevin.com> wrote:
> > On 10/31/12 5:48 PM, wrw at mac.com wrote:
> >> applemenu = Menu(menubar, tearoff = FALSE)
> >
> > Add the apple name to the menu object, cf:
> >
> > applemenu = Menu(menubar, tearoff = FALSE, name='apple')
> >
> > That works for me.
> Thanks, that DOES work for the version packaged up with py2app.  I guess
> there really just isn't anything to do for it when it is running directly in
> the interpreter.

It works for me.  Py2app should have nothing to do with tkinter menus
other than possibly the application name.  The code should work equally
well in the interpreter or with a py2app-bundled app.  Are you sure you
are invoking the right interpreter if you are depending on the shebang
line?

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org