[Pythonmac-SIG] (re)newbie py2app question

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Mon Mar 5 09:49:22 CET 2012

In article
<CAJCj7-wVV5asiQuvQwxgLrti+Pv=OUfkpnDtynXax-gi1ddy5w at mail.gmail.com>,
 Charles Hartman <cohar at conncoll.edu> wrote:
> Thanks.  FWIW, I'm not using Xcode at all.  I'm aware of the 32/64 change.
>  I thought I had addressed it: my Python 2.7 runs in 64-bit mode
> (sys.maxsize == 2 ** 64 yields True).  My wxPython ("classic," they call
> it, for no clear reason; filename wxPython2.9-osx-2.9.3.1-cocoa-py2.7.dmg)
> purports to be friendly to either 64-bit or 32-bit.  What other API would
> be out of step?
>
> Is the fact that the program runs without error inside the Wing IDE
> debugger irrelevant?

So much for idle (not IDLE) speculation on my part.  Without more
information, it's hard to guess and I don't have any personal experience
with the new Cocoa-based wxPython.  Perhaps if you posted more details
(in particular, exactly what errors you see), someone might be able to
help.  You could also try printing the value of sys.path when you are
running in the debugger and when not.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org