[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app strips symlinks in frameworks, need to keep them

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Mon Apr 30 15:25:43 CEST 2012

I've had an app rejected from the Mac App Store because required
symlinks were not present in the bundled Python framework:

Malformed Framework - The framework bundle Python
(QuickWho.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7) must
contain a symbolic link 'Python' -> 'Versions/Current/Python'. Refer to
the Anatomy of Framework Bundles for more information.

Malformed Framework - The framework bundle Python
(QuickWho.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7) must
contain a symbolic link 'Resources' -> 'Versions/Current/Resources'.
Refer to the Anatomy of Framework Bundles for more information.

Malformed Framework - The framework bundle Python
(QuickWho.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7)
'Versions' directory must contain a symbolic link 'Current' resolving to
a specific version directory. Refer to the Anatomy of Framework Bundles
for more information.

These symlinks are present in the original framework on my system, but
they appear to be stripped out by py2app.

Is there a flag I can pass to py2app to retain these symlinks? I can try
to add them manually later in my build script, but it's a pain and I'd
rather have py2app not strip them out in the first place.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin