[Pythonmac-SIG] New unofficial binary installers

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Fri Apr 20 18:37:15 CEST 2012

Russell,

Thanks for doing these (and the others you've done)

It seems to me that there is still a need for an "official" location
for such binaries. Bob Ippolito used to have such a site back in the
day, and while it's less necessary now (more package developers
provide their own binaries), there is still a need. It would be really
nice for MacPython users to have a one-stop shopping location for
packages.

I imagine something very simple -- a page you can download from, that
could be uploaded to by a handful of us that build compatible
packages.

Anyone have an idea where to host such an page?

-Chris