[Pythonmac-SIG] My first Python Program

Massimo Di Stefano massimodisasha at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 22:47:49 CET 2011

Hi John,

to run a python (.py) file, from the shell type :

python /path/to/your/file.py  (just drug'n'drop the file inside the terminal shell)

to know the directory where your shell is running type the command :

> pwd

it will show you the path.

to go inside the directory type :

> cd /path/to/the/directory

this [1] is a simple list of the bash commands in osx :

[1] http://ss64.com/osx/

and this [2] the standard python tutorial :

[2] http://docs.python.org/tutorial/

you can also try to buy a book about python that will help you to get started
there are a large number of book dedicated to python programming.