[Pythonmac-SIG] My first Python Program

John Parker parkjv1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 21:56:30 CET 2011

Hello All,

I'm a complete novice to Python and I just created my first program for an
assignment in a Python class that I'm taking at the local community college.

The instructor didn't give us a book so, I'm trying to figure out one
important item.

How to run my program.  I know this is so basic for everyone but I just
started this class and this is my first exposure ever to this type of
environment.

I have an iMac, running python V2.6.1

My program is located in this directory:

File location: /Users/parkjv1/Birth_Month.py

When I open the terminal:

I'm presented with this info: cpe-66-75-97-27: ~parkjv1$

Is this my /users/parkjv1 directory?

When I type my file name Birth_Month.py I get an error indicating that
command not found.

So, where do I call my program so that it will run?

Thanks,

John

 Pythonmac-SIG maillist  -  Pythonmac-SIG at python.org