[Pythonmac-SIG] Python development on OSX

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Mon Jan 17 18:17:17 CET 2011

Tony Cappellini <cappy2112 at gmail.com> wrote:

> And- I want to update the default python that came om my macbook pro to 2.7.
> Should I do install that from Python.org?

My advice?  I've never had good luck trying to "update" the default
Python that comes with the Mac.  I'd recommend just leaving it alone and
using it, unless there's some reason you absolutely need 2.7.

It is safe to build (and run) a non-Framework build of other versions of
Python in various places on your Mac, but life gets complicated if you
attempt to "install" it.

Bill