[Pythonmac-SIG] Loading Python on my Mac

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 13 04:15:43 CET 2011

On 1/12/2011 7:06 PM, skip at pobox.com wrote:

> The resulting binary is in
>
>      /usr/local/bin/python (non-framework version)
>      /usr/local/bin/pythonw (framework version)
>
> I'm sure others more knowledgeable about Python-on-a-Mac will correct any
> mistakes I've made.

That all looks right. Note also that the installer should have added it
to your PATH, so if you type:

python

at a command prompt, you should get it.

Using the Python.org binary is a good idea, as you get an up to date
version, can re-distribute binaries (via py2exe) if you want, and most
third party packages provide binaries for it (of at all).

good luck!

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov