[Pythonmac-SIG] New subscriber

Gil Dawson Gil at GilDawson.com
Sat Dec 17 22:01:20 CET 2011

I'm new here.

Could you please tell me which list I should use to ask a dumb question about Python for the Mac?

I was hoping to search the archives for my question, but I haven't figured out how to do that from the page at

	http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/

so, if this is the right list, I'd appreciate a pointer on how to search the archives.

My dumb question is: What should I do next to use Python 3.2.2?

I downloaded and installed Python 3.2, Quit Terminal, launched "/Applications/Python3.2/Update Shell Profile.command", Quit Terminal again, relaunched Terminal, and typed "python".  It responded...

Python 2.6.1 (r261:67515, Jun 24 2010, 21:47:49)

I was expecting 3.2.2 instead of 2.6.1.

I'd appreciate suggestions.

--Gil