[Pythonmac-SIG] bdist_mpkg issues

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 16 23:06:17 CEST 2010

Russell E. Owen wrote:
> At your suggestion I built new universal unix libraries using
> MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3. As always, I deleted the dylibs so only
> the static libraries remained (so they would be included in the final
> binary) and I verified that the libraries contained both ppc and intel
> code. I then used bdist_mpkg to build a matplotlib installer.
> Unfortunately I see the same problem as before: when I try to import
> pylab on a 10.3.9 PPC computer I get a segfault.

Darn.

Is there any simple test code we could use to test the libraries them
selves? It would be nice to maybe build a really simple executable that
uses each of the dependencies, so they could be individually tested. At
least that would narrow down the issue.

It also should be possible to run it under a debugger or something, so
that we could see where the segfault occurred -- anyone know how to do that?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov