[Pythonmac-SIG] Python 2.7b2 framework install

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Sun May 30 04:00:06 CEST 2010

Hi everybody,

When I try to install Python as a framework:

./configure --enable-framework
make
make install

then Python gets installed under /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7, but it doesn't seem to function as a framework:

>>> import MacOS
>>> MacOS.WMAvailable()
False

Python 2.6.5 installed as a framework returns True here.

With Python 2.7b2, my extension module (the MacOSX backend for matplotlib) doesn't interact correctly with the window manager; it works fine with Python 2.6.5.

Did anything change in the installation of frameworks between Python 2.6.5 and 2.7b2?

Thanks,
--Michiel.