[Pythonmac-SIG] Module Import Problem

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon May 3 05:02:28 CEST 2010

First: please do not top-post -- you'll notice that none of the regulars
do that on this list.

On Sun, May 02, 2010, Mike wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Aahz" <aahz at pythoncraft.com>
>> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010, Mike wrote:
>>>
>>> ImportError:
>>> dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pyobjc_core-2.2-py2.6-macosx-1
>>> 0.3-fat.egg/objc/_objc.so, 2): Library not loaded:
>>> /usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
>>>  Referenced from:
>>> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pyobjc_core-2.2-py2.6-macosx-10
>>> .3-fat.egg/objc/_objc.so
>>>  Reason: Incompatible library version: _objc.so requires version 10.0.0
>>> or later, but libxml2.2.dylib provides version 9.0.0
>>
>> Just for the record, this is from downloading PyObjC 2.2 from PyPI, which
>> is only built on/for Mac 10.6.  Your later guess that you need to build
>> from source is entirely correct.  However, you may be able to use
>> MacPorts instead of downloading source directly.  (Someone suggested that
>> earlier when I was having problems, but I'd already managed to build from
>> source myself.)
>
> I built the latest PyObjC from source and got the same error. Do I need
> to build the older version, PyObjC 2.0? Also, what is mac ports?

You built PyObjC on 10.6, right?  You need to build PyObjC 2.2 on 10.5 to
use it on 10.5.

You could have Googled MacPorts instead of waiting for my response:
http://www.macports.org/

--Bill Harlan