[Pythonmac-SIG] argv emulation with python 2.6.5

Brendan Simon (eTRIX) brendan.simon at etrix.com.au
Tue Mar 30 23:42:43 CEST 2010

On 31/03/10 12:04 AM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:
>> I'm porting an app from python 2.5 (2.5.4) to python 2.6 (2.6.5) and
>> having timeout issues with argv emulation.
>>
>> Does argv emulation with with python 2.6 (2.6.5) ??
>>
> Which argv emenulation? AFAIK both bundlebuilder (included in python) and py2app (a standalone project) include something named argv emulation and both should work on 2.6. Other projects might have something simular.

I'm using py2app.  I have successfully used argv emulation with Python
2.5.4, however if I change the path to use Python 2.6.5 and rebuild the
app, app fails the argv emulation (e.g. when issuing 'open MyApp
myprotocol:abc=123')

Is there something special or different that has to be done to get argv
emulation working with Python 2.6 ??

The setup.py was created with python 2.5.4, maybe that's the problem ??

Thanks, Brendan.