[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app architecture problem and System Python question

Brendan Simon (eTRIX) brendan.simon at etrix.com.au
Mon Jul 26 12:27:50 CEST 2010

> Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] py2app architecture problem and System Python
> question
> From:
> Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com>
> Date:
> Mon, 26 Jul 2010 02:25:21 -0700 (PDT)
>
> To:
> Tom MacWright <tom at developmentseed.org>
> CC:
> pythonmac-sig at python.org
>

>> And how do I test these distributions quickly, as running OSX within
>> VirtualBox isn't supported and I don't have infinite computers to
>> play around with?
>
> I use OSX 10.5 Server in a Parallels VM to test cross-release support.

Does "OSX within VirtualBox isn't supported" mean :-

    * It doesn't work ??
    * or, Apple don't allow you to run OS X in VB ??

I'm running OS X 10.6, and I would like to test my Python app bundle on
an OS X 10.5 box, so being able to have a VirtualBox install of OS X
10.5 would be very handy :)
Any idea why it "isn't supported" ??

Thanks, Brendan.