[Pythonmac-SIG] python3 support for py2app

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sun Jul 18 14:59:21 CEST 2010

Folks,

I just committed patches to py2app and related packags that enable python3 support.

You'll have to install altgraph, modulegraph, macholib and py2app from the repository.

I have barely tested these changes, the only program I've tried is the TinyTinyEdit example in the py2app repository using the default options (fully standalone, no alias build).

Semi-standalone should work, alias builds probably need work (I haven't done anything with that, and the code does scary thing with Carbon aliases).

I'd really appreciate if people could test this version, both with python 2.x and python 3.x. If it does work I'll push a release to PyPI.

Ronald