[Pythonmac-SIG] Appscript unpredictable error

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Thu Aug 5 18:35:51 CEST 2010

Sean DiZazzo wrote:

> I'm using appscript to do some work in Quicktime, and it keeps
> erroring out somewhat unpredictably.  I am opening and closing lots
> of documents in quick succession when it happens.  It doesn't happen
> every time, but about 70%-80% of the time.  When it errors, it
> always errors trying to make a new document. ie.
> "qt.make(new=k.document)"  Quicktime will quit unexpectedly, and
> after about 30 seconds I get:
>
> OSERROR: -609
> MESSAGE: Connection is invalid.

That means the target application unexpectedly terminated (i.e.
crashed) while your script was waiting for a reply. I would suggest
filing a bug report on QuickTime Player <http://bugreport.apple.com>,
ideally including an AppleScript that reproduces the problem.

HTH

has
--
Learn AppleScript, 3rd edition, Sanderson & Rosenthal:
http://apress.com/book/view/9781430223610