[Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: size of py2app app

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 17 19:49:27 CEST 2009

Charles Hartman wrote:
>   All
> that changes, as far as I can see, is the very small edits I'm making in
> the code.  For a while I thought trashing the old .app and the dist
> folder forced the smaller file-size, but now that doesn't seem to work
> either.  What am I missing about py2app?

I don't know, this is weird. If you can find or re-build the small one,
you can compare them and see what py2app is putting in the bigger one.

I have a faint memory of finding two copies of the wxPython libs in a
py2app bundle once, but I don't remember why or what I did about it, but
that could explain a major jump in size! -- sorry I can't help more, but
I found it by running "du" on the app bundle, and looking for large
things -- I did find I could trim quite a few megabytes of stuff that
way (then ended up adding a 100mb database to the bundle -- oh well!)

Good luck,

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov