[Pythonmac-SIG] Appscript and Snow Leopard and setuptools...

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Mon Sep 14 19:21:22 CEST 2009

On 14 Sep 2009, at 16:28, Bill Janssen wrote:

> has <hengist.podd at virgin.net> wrote:
>
>> You can install appscript from source using plain old distutils; the
>> setup.py script will use setuptools if it's available and distutils
>> if
>> not. Though if there are problems with setuptools then I'd suggest
>> filing bug reports on that as well.
>
> I'd like to suggest an option to use distutils even if setuptools is
> available.

Don't know how that could be done automatically as both use the same
setup.py file. If you want to do it manually, replace the first five
lines in the setup.py script with this:

> Filing bug reports on setuptools seems like a losing proposition; I'd
> have to understand how it works first.  How about *you* file the bug
> reports there?  You're the one using it.

I've not had any problems using it myself.

Regards,

has
--
Control AppleScriptable applications from Python, Ruby and ObjC:
http://appscript.sourceforge.net