[Pythonmac-SIG] python-sap webservices

sudhakar s ssquery at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 06:32:45 CEST 2009

Hi,  This is sudhakar, i am using python frame work and now concentrating on
working on web services in python.
   I installed SOAPpy-0.12.0 on mac but getting errors as below:

venj:SOAPpy-0.12.0 venkata$ python setup.py build

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "setup.py", line 8, in <module>
    from SOAPpy.version import __version__
  File "/Applications/SOAPpy-0.12.0/SOAPpy/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
    from Client      import *
  File "/Applications/SOAPpy-0.12.0/SOAPpy/Client.py", line 46
    from __future__ import nested_scopes

SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the beginning of the file

venj:SOAPpy-0.12.0 venkata$ python setup.py install

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 8, in <module>
    from SOAPpy.version import __version__
  File "/Applications/SOAPpy-0.12.0/SOAPpy/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
    from Client      import *
  File "/Applications/SOAPpy-0.12.0/SOAPpy/Client.py", line 46
    from __future__ import nested_scopes
SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the beginning of the file

Hey please suggest me how to solve this error.

Hey actually whats my requirement is i need to gather information from SAP
system and Store it in Python appliction server.
For this i am thinking to construct a web service on python in order to get
the data from SAP system. Is this the correct way or is there
any other possibility get in formation and store it in python application
and i use mysql database for python.

Please give your  valuable suggestion.

Waiting for early reply.

with regards