[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app on Snow Leopard?

Russell E. Owen rowen at uw.edu
Thu Sep 3 05:01:16 CEST 2009

In article <rowen-8EFAC4.12190701092009 at news.gmane.org>,
 "Russell E. Owen" <rowen at uw.edu> wrote:

> Has anyone tried py2app on Snow Leopard, and if so, how well does it
> work?
>
> I'm trying to release programs that are compatible at with 10.4, 10.5
> and 10.6, and don't want to upgrade my own OS from 10.5 prematurely. I'm
> willing to do some experiments and report back, but I'd rather learn
> what I can first.

To answer my own question: based on limited testing it appears to work
just fine.

-- Russell

P.S. installing Snow Leopard left my existing Python and /usr/local
alone, so I didn't have to reinstall anything. In the past I've done an
Archive-and-Install, but that option is gone, so I just took the default
behavior.