[Pythonmac-SIG] Framework does not get copied for standalone build: 0.4.3

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Fri Oct 16 07:02:48 CEST 2009

On 15 Oct, 2009, at 5:36, Chris Barker wrote:

> hari jayaram wrote:
>> In my several tests over the last few days. I can definitely say that
>> without forcing the standalone build , when I used the python from
>> python.org ( both 2.5.5 and 2.6.3) . py2app never created a
>> standalone
>> build. It bundles the required libraries but never includes the
>> system
>> python. That results in bundles that give a wx/_core_.so not dound
>> error.
>> This may be a Leopard feature with  the python downloaded from
>> python.org but without setting semi_standalone:False I never get a
>> standalone build withuprobably  these pythons and py2app.
>> If I use the very basic setup.py that Chris Barker mentioned. Then
>> not
>> only do I not get the python built into the bundle . But the linking
>> is all messed up and I get the error.
>
> I think those two are the same error -- it's trying to link relative
> to the python exe.
>
> Anyway, it appears you've found a bug. What I'm not clear on is if
> it's working OK for anyone else on a 10.6 system -- if so, then I
> wonder what is different about yours? (sorry to question the obvious
> again, but are absolutely sure that you are running py2app with the
> python you think you are?)
>
> This is going to take a bit of debugging. I think Ronald may be the
> only one that knows the guts of py2app at all, and I don't know if
> he's got the time, or can even duplicate the problem, so you may
> need to do it yourself -- or, if  you've got something working,
> maybe not bother!

Hari: could you try to create a simple hello-world style program with
a setup.py that has the same problem on your machine? That would make
it a lot easier to debug the problem.

Also, what's the output of of the following command:

	python -c 'import sys; print sys.prefix'

Run this in the same way to run setup.py.

BTW. If you do resolve the issue please let us know about it, knowing
what's wrong can help us improve py2app or its documentation. And at
the very least this will help others that run into the same issue.

Ronald