[Pythonmac-SIG] Patch to IDLE

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Thu May 21 00:33:48 CEST 2009

Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> File bugs with the Tk-Cocoa developers.  I'd consider both the addition
> of an unwanted help menu and the, yet again, changed way to surpress the
> default application menu bugs in Tk.   We could continue to add more and
> more workarounds to IDLE, but it might be early enough to get this fixed
> in Tk itself.

Daniel Steffen, the maintainer of Tk/Aqua, has committed some changes to
make modifying the help and application menus simpler. Based on these
commits (which will be included in Tk 8.6 and are also backported to Tk
8.5.7 in a fork hosted at Github), I have uploaded some patches to make
IDLE play nice regardless of whether Tk is built on Carbon or Cocoa:

http://bugs.python.org/issue6075

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin