[Pythonmac-SIG] little app

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Mon Mar 30 15:20:04 CEST 2009

On 28 Mar, 2009, at 7:01, Adrian Franken wrote:

> hi
>
> I found your little tool python.app in my application folder but I
> was surprised what it is and what will it do with my system.
> could yuo explain shortly what it's trying to do and for what do I
> need it?

Python is a programming language (see http://www.python.org/ for a
description). There is a Python.app in the Mac distribution of Python,
but that's not installed in the Applications folder, the binary
installer for Python on the python.org website does install some
applications in a subfolder of your Appliations folder; one of which
is 'IDLE' and that's a GUI editor for Python.

Ronald