[Pythonmac-SIG] sqlite and python

massimo di stefano massimodisasha at yahoo.it
Wed Mar 25 19:08:55 CET 2009

Hi Ned, All,

i followed that way too,

i downloaded the bynary version for pysqlite osx intel
i copied all the files under :

/Users/Shared/source/spatialite/

                                                        bin/

                                                         lib/

                                                        include/

in my .bash_profile i added :

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/Shared/source/spatialite/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

then i removed and reinstalled pysqlite :

sudo rm -rf /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/pysqlite2 /Library/
Python/2.5/site-packages/pysqlite-2.5.0-py2.5.egg-info

quit terminal.app and open a new one,
rebuild pysqlite, these the log :

http://www.geofemengineering.it/pysqlite_osx_log_2.txt

then in python :

 >>> from pysqlite2 import dbapi2 as sqlite
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
   File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/pysqlite2/dbapi2.py", line
27, in <module>
     from pysqlite2._sqlite import *
ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/pysqlite2/
_sqlite.so, 2): Symbol not found: _sqlite3_enable_load_extension
   Referenced from: /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/pysqlite2/
_sqlite.so
   Expected in: dynamic lookup

p.s.

[ i tried also to use :
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/Shared/source/spatialite/lib
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
that seems to be what man dyld suggest me to use]

Massimo Di Stefano
massimodisasha at yahoo.it

epifanio on   irc.freenode.net  /join gfoss