[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython sprint at PyCon

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Thu Mar 19 11:24:08 CET 2009

Chris' mail about creating a binary build for PIL 1.1.7 helped to
remind me to reannounce the MacPython sprint at PyCon'09.

I'll be sprinting on MacPython related topics at PyCon, there's even a
page on PyCon's wiki for this: http://us.pycon.org/2009/sprints/projects/macpython/
.

Current topics for the sprint:

* Getting py2app into a better shap (adding testsuite, adding better
setuptools support, ...)

* Improvements for the Python.org tree (bugfixes, work on the
installer, ...)

* Discus how to create binaries for extensions, especially those
linking to non-system libraries (PIL, lxml, ...)

The above list is not carved in stone and can be changed if there are
other interesting topics.

Ronald