[Pythonmac-SIG] Uninstalling Python 2.6?

Orestis Markou orestis at orestis.gr
Mon Feb 23 17:04:37 CET 2009

I'm not on my Mac right now, but I think that the system python is
actually in /System/Library rather than in /Library. If that's the
case, I think you can just remove /Library/Frameworks/Python and
update /usr/bin/python to point to vanilla Python.

I would try renaming /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework and see if
this fixes your issues - if yes, you can then safely delete it.

I personally use MacPorts, that installs itself in /opt/local and only
fiddles with PATH, to avoid this kind of problem.

Orestis