[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app - After building for distribution, No module named PyObjCTools

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Thu Feb 12 08:40:17 CET 2009

On 12 Feb, 2009, at 5:28, R Fritz wrote:

> Could this perhaps be done via Apple Events, or even the
> accessibility features?

That's a great idea. The accessibility features should allow us to
control the GUI from a script, and GUI scripting shouldn't be
problematic here because the UI's of the test programs don't need to
evolve much over time. This might not get us 100% of the way (some
bundling problems might cause drawing issues when a required component
isn't present), but at this would at least help a lot.

We could also add test code to the application that checks if all
required resources are actually present.  This might take some care to
avoid accidently telling py2app what to include through the test code
(e.g. don't use "import some.required.module" to check if a module is
packed into the bundle, use the __import__ function instead).

I'll be at Pycon, including some of the sprint days aftwards.
Focussing on py2app during the sprints start to be more and more of a
good idea, that's something where a lot can be gained with relatively
little interference between tasks.

Ronald